The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2016 will be conducted by the seven zonal IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2016. The performance of a candidate in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs and the ISM – viz, IIT (BHU), IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Gandhinagar, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Indore, IIT Jodhpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Mandi, IIT Palakkad, IIT Patna, IIT Roorkee, IIT Ropar, IIT Tirupati and ISM Dhanbad.
JEE (Advanced) 2016 will be held on May 22, 2016, and would consist of 2 papers – Paper 1: 9 am – 12 noon and Paper 2: 2 pm to 5 pm.
- Top candidates as per JEE (Main) Performance
- OPEN: Top 97,970 candidates (3,030 for candidates with disabilities)
- OBC: 52,380 (1,620)
- SC: 29,100 (900)
- ST: 14,550 (450)
- Born on / after October 1, 1991 (5-year relaxation for SC, ST and PwD candidates, i.e., October 1, 1986)
- Should be the first / second attempt at JEE (Advanced) (i.e., candidates who appeared for JEE Advanced 2015 are eligible, prior candidates are not eligible).
- Should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in all the subjects in either 2015 or 2016 (Candidates who appeared in 2014 are eligible only if the results were declared after June 2014). Further, should be in category-wise top 20 percentile or 75% aggregate (70% for SC, ST, PwD). More on Cut-offs.
- Should not have been admitted into an IIT / ISM previously.
Brochure for JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced 2016 – Brochure.
Official Website: www.jeeadv.ac.in
Best wishes from MentorYes!
We are launching out Mentor@IIT program, where aspirants can connect directly with IITians and prepare for a successful JEE (Advanced) 2016. Watch this space for more: mentoryes.com/iitmentorships/