A quick overview of the eligibility criteria and application process of the exam for those of you planning to appear for the exam but have still not registered.
As you would know, TISSNET is TATA Institute of Social Sciences National Entrance Test, a national level PG Entrance Exam.
- Saturday, January 07, 2017, from 2pm to 3.40 pm
- 39 centres across the country
- Weightage: General Awareness (40%), English Proficiency (30%), Maths & Logical Reasoning (30%)
- NO NEGATIVE MARKING
You are eligible if
A candidate applying for TISSNET 2017 must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Should complete at least 15 years of education.
- Final year bachelor’s students can apply, if they must have cleared all the subjects till the previous semester. They should fulfill all the Bachelor’s exam requirements by June 11, 2017.
- Till the candidate submits results of the final year examination, admission to any of the Master’s Degree Programmes of TISS will be provisional.
The Application Process can be completed in 2 ways – Online or Offline.
Online – Sign up at the official website of TISS by following these steps:
- Provide all the required details for completing the registration process for a new user.
- Login by entering your e-mail id and password.
- After logging in, fill in the relevant details in the application home page.
- Upload your passport size photograph and signature. If they are not of the required size, resize them according to specifications given under the ‘How to Resize the documents for upload’ column.
- Now, according to the category you belong to, upload all the required documents.
Pay the application fees via the mode suitable for you and then submit the application.
Offline – Only for candidates coming from areas that have limited access to internet such as Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, North-East, etc.
- Send request for the form through speed post along with the application fee to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- Within few days, you will receive the application form through speed post.
- Fill it and attach photocopies of the required documents after getting them attested by any gazetted officer or a college principal or a school headmaster.
- After completing the above steps, send your form via speed post to the same address.
- Thereafter, you will receive details about the admit card and other official communication on the e-mail address that you will provide in your form.
Given the limited time available to the last date for submission, we encourage students to apply through the online mode only.
Queries? Contact TISS at 022 – 25525252 / email@example.com
If you need a mentor to help you prepare for TISS, or to know more about similar options, click here.
Author: Amisha Gupta, MentorYes
(All views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily represent MentorYes’s viewpoint or recommendations. Readers are advised to consider and evaluate the views presented here before implementing them in their preparation or otherwise.)
All rights to this article are reserved with MentorYes and its holding company. No content, in part or whole, can be used / shared elsewhere without due credit to MentorYes and a prominent link back to the original post. No commercial use / distribution of this article is permissible, without prior written permission from MentorYes or its holding company.