Introduction to Modern Application Development
An online course by Dr. Gaurav Raina & Tanmai Gopal
Build an app in 5 weeks! Free for anyone, anywhere
Certificate of completion offered by IIT Madras
MOOCS & IMAD
MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are online courses, designed for a world where information is accessible from anywhere at the tap of a button. They are open, participatory and offer a lifelong network for learning.
IMAD (Introduction to Modern Application Development) is a MOOC on how to build web/mobile applications. If you just want to experience the joy of building an app, or have dreams of finding a job at one of the hottest tech companies or actually building the next big tech company, you have come to the right place!
For anyone, anywhere!
- You don’t need to be a tech geek to take the course. Anyone, from any background, can take the course.
- The course condenses technical jargon into easy and comprehensible language.
- Exercises will be in easy and hard flavors, so you pick what suits you.
- The course strives for the right balance between theory & practice — build an application quickly, but also ensure that it never breaks.
The course offers great flexibility
You can plan your study schedule around a time-table of your choice.
- The course videos will be available online (NPTEL/YouTube), and can be watched at any time.
- In 5 weeks, you would have built your own application.
- You can take the course even from the comfort of your home.
IMAD encourages you to build a network to learn the material, clarify doubts, and make contacts. Learning in groups is always fun.
- A peer to peer grading system will be employed for some of the work — this will naturally encourage debate and discussion.
- The course will have graded assignments, and a final test – this will help you keep focused through the course.
Anyone who completes the course can get a certificate from IIT Madras!
Connect with the course organizers: https://www.facebook.com/IMAD.mooc/ | https://twitter.com/IMAD_mooc | email@example.com
Note: MentorYes is not formally associated with the organizers of this course.