The University of Delhi (DU) will now issue degrees to successful candidates before the convocation in case they plan to go abroad for study or residence. How to apply?
Instruction issued by DU are as follows:
A degree may be issued to the successful candidates under extraordinary circumstances if they are leaving the country for either of the two reasons (A) To pursue higher study abroad, or (B) To take up residence abroad.
- Fill the online form available on the Examination Portal on DU web site for the said purpose.
- Upload the soft-copy of photograph and scanned signature.
- Upload the self-attested copy of Final Year Mark sheet. (Notification of results in the case of Ph.D. and M.Phil students)
- Upload the self-attested copy of Admission letter/other relevant document from foreign organization as a proof of Pursuing higher study abroad (for #A only)
- Upload the self-attested relevant document as a proof that the award degree from Delhi University is must before the annual convocation.
- Upload the self-attested copy of Passport. (Upload the copy of VISA also for #B)
- Upload the copy of Notarized Affidavit (on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 10/-) to support the requirement of degree prior to Annual Convocation duly attested by a 1st Class Magistrate/SDM (only from Indian students) (for #A only). Format available in link below.
- Upload the copy of a “Declaration” of candidate duly recommended and forwarded by the Head of the Institution last attended. Format available in link below.
- Deposit non-refundable fee Rs. 500/- online at the payment Gateway.
- After completion of online process including payment of prescribed fee, candidate will receive the acknowledgement receipt along with Application number. The request of candidate to obtain the “Degree before convocation” as per clause (#A or #B) has been provisionally accepted subject to the submission of hard copies of online application along with relevant documents and further verification in examination branch.
- Take the printout of duly filled online application, acknowledgement receipt and all uploaded documents. Submit all these documents (along with the true copy of both the Declaration and Affidavit), after original signature of candidate and subsequently duly recommended and forwarded by the Principal/Head/Dean of the institution last attended in the Examination branch to complete the application submission process.
- The Degree has to be collected by the candidate from respective college/Department/Institute after 15 days from the date of completion of all formalities by the candidate.
- Self-attested copy of Final year Marksheet (or Result notification for M.Phil of Ph.D)
- Photocopy of VISA/Passport (For #B) (Only passport for Foreign Student).Self-attested copy of Passport.Copy of VISA also for #B
- Notarized Affidavit on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs. 10/- (Only for Indian Students)
- Declaration in Prescribed format.
- Self-attested copy of Admission letter/other relevant document from foreign organization(for #A only)
- Self-attested copy of relevant document as a proof for requirement of degree before Annual Convocation.
For further details and formats for submission, visit the official DU site: http://app.du.ac.in/degree_conv/index.php/predegree/personal-details/login
Source: DU website